Thursday, August 04, 2011

more playing

I'm starting to get my groove back. I ordered some pretty teal yarn and bought a new pattern yesterday. So now the rush is on to finish the iPad cover before it gets here.....and I get lost in the knitting. It would make a great September in England sweater, non?


After fluttering about for most of the night, I finally settled down to sew a little bit before bed. Truth be told, I was a little hesitant to start again - worried that I had waited just a little too long to get playing again. Not being able to remember which foot (of 2) I had experienced the most success with on the weekend didn't really help me feel confident....so I just guessed. I was lucky.

The overall size of the piece I'm quilting is going to be plenty big enough this time around (I wasn't going to make that mistake again so soon)....and I'm hoping that I will be able to finish off the rest of the FMQ tonight, playing a bit with some other threads in my drawer to add some more colour on the topside.

I'm still debating about how the assembly will come together in the end.....but luckily there is still a bit of time to decide. I dug out my favourite travelling purse last night and happily discovered that my iPad will fit inside, so long as the sleeve is not too puffy.