Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 10: London

On my first full day in London, I took the train into the city (from my dad's friends place -- it's about a 30 minute ride)....and spent the full day exploring in foot.

The first stop was the Courtauld Gallery. A nice, small gallery....where I could easily look at everything before I started to feel overwhelmed and as though my head was going to explode from too much stimulation. There were lots of wonderful paintings on exhibit - here are a few of my favourites...






And the gallery itself was quite pretty, too.....


I headed out from there towards Trafalgar Square, stopping at the National Gallery along the way, and then headed down see Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament Buildings, etc. By the time I made my way back to Waterloo Station, my feet were more than ready for a rest! :-)