Tuesday, March 13, 2012

blushing


The March/April/May issue of Rug Hooking Magazine arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Pretty exciting, if you ask me – and if you've seen it, you'll know why I was excited....

It all began about a year ago, around this time, when Deanne Fitzpatrick sent me an email inquiring about writing an article on me for RHM. It took me about half a second to bashfully agree. She sent me a list of thought-provoking questions, and gave me a month to labour over my answers. Sometime in the summer the article was written, and just before I left to go England I was asked to gather together some suitable photos. At the end of October I did a little photo shoot weekend at home (dodging raindrops while I snapped outside) and sent off a disc of images. Then I waited. And then I forgot all about it. Until the emails started arriving on Friday (I guess people in the US get their mags a day or two earlier than we do)....and it all came rushing back to me. The wait was over......but it was so worth it.....


Thanks so much to Deanne for her lovely words. I'm still blushing.


P.S. I only had a chance to flip though the issue and read a couple of articles so far, but must say (humbly, of course!) that it looks like a really good issue. There's also an article on Judith Dallegret, with great photos of her work. I'm so lucky to be in such great company! :-)