Friday, March 09, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

This week has gone by at break-neck speed, and at the same time, it seemed like it was crawling by.... How is that possible? I'm not sure, but I do know that I have a lot of hooking ahead of me (Jumbo looks the same as it did on Monday....sadly), and that I'm looking forward to having a couple of days off from the office.

:: My newest favourite app for the iPhone is the Tom Tom GPS app. Yes, it's pricey ($49.99 for Canada only and $59.99 for Canada and the US)....but that's about the only drawback. If you don't have a GPS (and want one) and you have a newer iPhone (with internal GPS), I would definitely recommend it. A neat feature is that you can search in Google for the place you're looking for....which is great if you don't have a proper name in mind.

:: Twiggs in North Bay. I had to be in North Bay for work this week, and ended up at Twiggs for a couple of hours. I cannot say enough good things about this place....and the London Fog drink is dee-lish (Earl Grey teabag in steamed milk with vanilla syrup - so much better than it sounds). Oh, and the desserts in the case looked to-die-for good. If you're coming to the OHCG Annual in May, you might want to make a stop (there's a location just down the hill from the college/university - 501 McKeown). It would be a great place for lunch, a snack or light supper.

:: All you can eat Sushi places. I like sushi....and have eaten it in lots of different places, but this week was the first time I went to an all-you-can-eat place. Again, it was in North Bay: a place called JT Sushi on Lakeshore (I can't find their site, but if you google it, you will quickly find lots of reviews, maps, menus, etc.). Whenever I think of all-you-can-eat, I think buffet....and when I think buffet and sushi, I feel sick.....but this place provides table service. You order from the menu, they make it fresh and bring it to you. The menu is quite diverse and also includes things like terriyaki, tempura, soup, salad, dessert.....and a variety of Thai food. Another suggestion if you're travelling to NB in May.