Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

I'm just starting a self-made long weekend....and it's so nice to be able to laze about in bed, reading the news and checking a few blogs - even if I did wake up at the same time as if I were going to work! At this rate, though, I will be lucky to start 'working' at lunchtime. My wish list for the weekend is a long one.....drawing patterns, dyeing (if the wind blows the right way to make the yarn nice and fluffy), preparing yardage for a big dye spree (next weekend?), and experimenting with a couple of sewing projects that have been stewing. Hope you have a great weekend, too, and find some time to play and make.

:: I think I need to declare a moratorium on candy this Easter....and just eat real eggs, instead. Here is a great online tutorial on dyeing your own eggs with natural dyes, so you can have pretty and healthy at the same time!

:: Not that I want to lessen my odds of winning, but have you seen Christine's anniversary giveaway yet? Run - don't walk!

:: I so want to make some of these friendship necklaces for myself.....it's just a matter of allowing myself a big enough window of time. Soon. Hopefully soon. I don't think the world is quite ready for me to sport them around my waist, yet though.... ;-)

:: One last one....check out this cool scarf - knit one row each day, replicating the colour of the sky that day. Perfect for people who only have a wee bit of time to work on a project each day....and what a unique way to record the weather!