Wednesday, March 28, 2012

it's 8am....do you know where your hooks are?


I've been meaning to get around to mounting my old hooks in a shadow box since last Fall. There is only one problem - the box that I purchased (at Chapters) was too small to accommodate all of them. I know....a nice problem to have... :-)

A couple of weeks ago, at Ikea, I found some smaller ones (Ribba) that would perhaps make a better display on the wall. I picked up one, thinking I would see if it worked and how many I would really need. I haven't started with the job of mounting them yet - but my plan is to drill holes in the backing board, then cover it with some cloth (wool?) and hold them in place with fishing line. First up, I need to pick up some more frames. Hopefully I will be able to fit in a (never very quick) stop to Ikea when I'm on my road trip over the next few days.....

As for the original box, I think I'm going to use it to keep my 'new' tools in....scattered willy-nilly, but still visible. This original box has a hinged lid that is secured with a magnet, which will allow easy access. And hopefully I'll never loose a hook again. One can always hope....