Monday, March 26, 2012

the perfect weekend.


Mine went kinda like this...
Yummy homemade lattes with Vanilla Agave Syrup. Waking up the natural way - sans alarm clock. Getting back to proper eating, now that the birthday season is over for a little while (both my mum and dad have birdies in March, too). Tidying up and cleaning (almost) all of the corners of my place. Smelling Method Almond floor cleaner - and knowing that the floors not only look clean.....
Cleaning up my desk, sifting through the papers that were starting to slide off the pile. Feeling like there are so many fun things I want to start, that it took me a while to choose. Watching season one of "The Killing", and practically counting down to the two-hour season two premiere next Sunday night. Going for long walks. Finally settling on a new project that has been stewing since a December discovery...working out the kinks and falling in love with it, all over again. Modifying my plan and making many prototypes*....so fun, so quick, so rewarding. Mad Men. Sewing and pressing through the commercial breaks. Forcing myself to go to bed.
-------------------
* I'm not quite ready to share yet.....but there will be pictures - and a pattern! - forthcoming. The pile above is some of the wools I was using - and the tools...