Wednesday, March 21, 2012

snapseed

Spring is in the air today....actually it's been so warm the past few days (low to mid 20s C), if it weren't for the little piles of snow you can still see here and there, you'd think it was summer. People are pulling out their summer clothes and walking around town in sundresses and shorts....and I'm hoping to lunch on the patio today - which would definitely be a first for March, I think.

I've always regarded the 21st as the first day of Spring....you see it's also my birthday, and when I was a little girl, I was always told that I was born on the first day of Spring. So regardless of what is on the calendar (which for the last several years has shown the 20th), today is always my First Day of Spring. So happy First day of Spring to you!

A few weeks ago when I was travelling - and visiting Starbuck's on a daily basis - I was always on the look-out for the 'free song' cards. Surprisingly they seem to vary from store to store, so you can usually pick up different ones in different places. About half-way through my trip, I noticed some 'free app' cards.....so I picked one up, and then proceeded to load Snapseed onto my iPad at the hotel. My first impression was that it was a nifty app - kind of like Instagram, but with a bit more control over the settings. So on my subsequent visits to Starbuck's, I started picking up extra cards to share.

I haven't played around with it as much as I would like to you, but my impression so far is that it's definitely easier (better?) on the iPad than on the iPhone....but it still works on the smaller device. And works well IMHO.

I took a couple of quick snaps of my new pens laying on my desk yesterday. Pictures were taken just with my iPhone - here are the before and after shots....

You can see much more interesting examples online...but if you have an iPad or an iPhone and would like to try it out for yourself and play around with your photos....drop me an email (fisheyerugs AT hotmail DOT com) and I will happily send you a code off of the back of one of my extra cards. First come, first served!