Monday, March 05, 2012

Week 39: 82.4 square feet


I arrived home at the end of the week, hooking Thursday and Friday nights, Saturday during the day, and Sunday all day and all night. I was on a mission to finish off this side -- and I just made it! Actually, I had a little time to spare, since I also hooked my edge row on the first side (it wasn't until I was mid-second-side that I had settled on what to use, and I've been hooking it in tandem with the rest of the border). Because of all of the vertical rows, I wanted a row of something going all of the way around to help put a halt to the curling that tends to happen otherwise.

I also decided to take a bit of time yesterday morning to fix up the part in the centre that has been bothering me since last year. I knew that if I left it until the very end, that I would be feeling so relieved to be finished that I would just leave it alone. So yesterday was the day, when I felt like I had some 'spare' time to mess with it.....and two hours later it was reborn. It took so long, just because it was very awkward to hook with such a large amount of (heavy) hooking in my lap, but I'm glad that it's now done.


There is the before (above) and here is the after (below)....


On Saturday morning I plotted out all of my wool for the remaining 45 squares, cutting what I needed to finish off this end. Having the colours pre-determined saves a lot of time when I'm hooking.....since I'm making multiple decisions at once, instead of one at a time. I'm going to try and do this with the last remaining side, this week. I'm hoping for a sprint to the finish, but doubting that it's humanly possible to work that much hooking in and around everything else - even the stuff that I can't really ignore for 7 days, like work, cooking and eating, sleeping (I need my beauty rest!), showering, etc. Fingers crossed I make good progress this week....