Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

Happy Friday the 13th! I can hardly wait for the clock to chime five times tonight -- I'm taking next week off for a little stay-cation. Nine glorious days in a row to play in the dye pots, fondle wool, make up some patterns, read a book or two, exercise daily....and do my taxes. Yes, that last one is a bit of a drag, but a necessary evil. My plan is to try to do the bookwork early in the week, so that I can really relax and just enjoy the rest of the days.

I had originally planned to take a week and sew a quilt top, to satisfy my 'inner maker*', but my mind is telling me "no- don't do it! There is too much else that needs to happen first...." (* if you haven't already read it, check out this Yarn Harlot post from earlier this week - so clever and so true!)

While I was still dreaming of quilts, I happened upon a couple of share-worthy sites - both new to me this week....

:: Barbara Brackman blog is jam packed with information and eye candy on old quilts. Whether you are a quilter or just like looking at textiles, there is definitely lots for you to feast on here....

:: I love, love, love this quilt. Sujata shares how to make the individual blocks here