Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

Another week goes rushing by....and I always know that it's been a bit crazier than normal when I have a hard time recalling great discoveries for the week.  So here is a list of prior discoveries that had a fresh burst of excitement for me this week.

:: David's Tea.  A couple of months ago while I was on an interview trip, I happened upon this shop in Kitchener-Waterloo (sorry, I never know which of the cities I'm in when I'm there....and need to rely on the locals for guidance).  It's a Montreal-based company with shops across Canada – including North Bay, as I discovered just this morning on their site!  I purchased some tea during my first visit and I've been savouring every cup.  With Mother's Day just around the corner, I wanted to get some for my mum....and placed an online order.  Service was speedy - 24 hours later I had my tea :-)  My personal favourites (from an admittedly small sampling) are: Read my Lips, The Earl's Garden, Cranberry Pear and Buttered Rum.  If you're already a David's fan, I'd love to hear your top picks - especially as I am definitely going to be checking out the store in NB when I'm up for the Annual....

:: Wabora is a delicious Japanese fusion restaurant in nearby Bracebridge.....and the home of many yummy dining experiences for me.  They have a new location in Toronto, and while I can't vouch for it, I can say that I've never had a single bad or even mediocre bite.  A new yummy, but rich, discovery is the Volcano Roll.  The sisters and I had a feast on Sunday: tasty salad with ginger dressing, Lobster Tempura Roll, Sundae Roll, Volcano Roll....and finished with a fried banana.  yum, yum, yum!  A great place to stop for lunch when you're driving by, on your way to the Annual in a couple of weeks.

I'll be working hard this weekend, on the final few things for the Annual prep....and hopefully taking the whole day 'off' on Sunday to spend time with my mum.  Happy Mother's Day to all of the mums!