Thursday, July 05, 2012

not alone

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then this next snap goes a long way in explaining that my blog is not the only thing that's been neglected lately.  This poor Basil plant made it clear to me that it's not just my imagination – things are slowly spiraling out of control.  Many things.  The last few weeks have just seemed so busy.  And the crazy heat of the last few days has done little to help the situation.  Did I mention that I've probably read more books in the last month than I have in the last 5 years?  But enough whining and more than enough reading for a little while.  The reality is that I just need to start somewhere.  Anywhere.



So I decided that tonight was the night.  The time for simply ignoring it (and hoping it would go away) was over – and a solid job of tidying up needed to take its place.  Of course in the middle of my little cleaning blitz, I discovered the limp and crispy basil and decided to resume procrastinating take a little break and write this quickie post.....but at least I can cross one more thing of my list! :-)

I have a growing list of things to blog about.  Really, I do.  And so I'm pledging to resume regular, almost-daily, weekday posts starting on Monday.  [I know that if I write it down - and commit to it here - I will be more likely to follow through.  After 39 years together, I know myself.  I need deadlines.  Even self-imposed ones.]  Have a great weekend!

P.S.  If you want some neat eye candy, check out this neat design website my niece introduced to me.  They will even do custom printed duvet covers, shower curtains, etc.  Pretty cool, eh....