Tuesday, July 31, 2012

project update

It's hard to believe that tomorrow it will be August already.  This summer is certainly zooming by.  It must be all of the sunny days.... ;-)


The first table mat got its test run at the Campsite on the weekend.  It makes a great surface for card playing, and survived the weekend intact.  Now I am inspired to get busy finishing off the other one, if only I can tear myself away from the knitting...

Alga is all but finished.  I decided to add 5" onto each of the sleeves (they were just 3/4ish), and have just 2?" left on one sleeve and the cuff to finish.  If only I hadn't forgotten my ball of wool up at the campsite....   Not to worry, it will be a quick finish when I am back up again on the weekend.

So last night I started knitting on the new Noro Cropped Jacket.  Here is the left front, at the end of day one....


As expected, it's hard to put down.  All of the colour changes and combinations makes it exciting to watch it come together right before my eyes.  With the Olympics on TV, it should be easy to park in front of the couch and knit in the evenings, so I'm hoping it will be a fast knit despite the 3.5mm needles.  I will keep you posted...