Sunday, January 27, 2013

Georgia on my mind....

My trip last week was incredible.  After what seems like months of doing not really much creatively, I returned home feeling invigorated, excited, and very ready to just make, create, and play.   If only I could bottle the feeling, so that I could just pop a pill anytime I needed one....

While the weather wasn't quite as spectacular as I was hoping for, it was sunny every day and I didn't see or feel a drop of rain.  A pleasant change from the -26ºC the day before I left – and the -30 to -40ºC weather my family experienced while I was away.

Although much of my time was spent sitting hooking, dyeing, stitching, making paper beads (so. much. fun.), sharing ideas, making new friends and revisiting old ones, and generally just playing, I did get out for a walk to the beach one afternoon, and took a nice walk about the retreat property on another.  Here are a few snaps...











I am so thrilled to have been invited to join this group of fellow fibre addicts for their annual SSI retreat.  I can't wait for next January to hurry up and get here.... ;-)